How We Can Help
We provide free legal services for low income residents of Brampton, Caledon & Dufferin County. Contact us to get help.
We can help you with:
- Employment law, like employment standards, employment insurance, and wrongful dismissal
- Housing law (tenants or co-op members only – not landlords), like evictions
- Immigration (not refugee claims), like sponsorships and permanent resident status
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), like applying for ODSP or problems once you are getting it
- Ontario Works (OW) applications and problems once you are getting it
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP-Disability or regular CPP)
Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents, for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board. And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.
We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.
We can’t help you with some areas of law. . .
If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can. We have information on how you can get help for problems in these areas:
Legal Aid Ontario can help with these issues. For help with other areas of law, see our section on legal information.